Buses play a central role in our area's public transport network. Bus services in our area encompass:
- Long distance coaches.
- Tourist coaches.
- Urban services.
- Subsidised rural services.
- School services which are also made available for use by the public.
- Subsidised taxi services and Post Buses.
- Dial-a-Ride services.
The key issues facing bus service provision include:
- A generally thin network of services.
- Limited frequencies on many routes.
- Congestion in built up areas, compromising service reliability and attractiveness.
- Some areas have no buses at all.
- Integration with other forms of public transport.
- More provision for people with disabilities is required.